Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Wow it's Cold!

Well, winter has really arrived. Seems that the dog, Max, didn't even want to go outside this morning. frankly, I couldn't blame him! The weatherman said it was 19 degrees when i woke up. That's frosty, ladies and gentlemen!

I did make it to the gym this morning...although i think i froze at least one pound off on the way inside (boy do i wish!). Cameron goes to the childcare room while I go work off every brownie I've ever eaten...or wish i had eaten. So this morning is cardio and weights. Cardio is good...I like the eliptical and the treadmill....I even like the big machine at the end of the room that tells me how many calories I've burned off! But.......weights. Oh how I dread the weigh-lifting part of my workout. No, it's not that I'm a sissy, I know the benefits of lifting weights.......it's that when I walk in the weightroom, I feel like I am completely out of place! It always seems like there is that ONE guy who has muscles ripped on him everywhere, or the she-woman who looks like she knows everything she's doing. So, on I go...with my little 5 and 10 pound weights...while Sheera and Hercules hold up cars with each arm. Oh I was glad to get out of there! Now, I sit....feeling like jello for the remainder of the day!

As for Meredith and Cameron...an update on their worlds....Their closets are put back together, thankfully, and my house has returned to somewhat normal (although laundry is seriously still oozing out of the laundry room)....But as for Mere and Cam - they are good. Both have decided that the other is really fun to chase through the house! Seriously, each night we have marathon running.......all over the house, one will chase then the other will be the chaser. it is hysterical. The best part is when I hide........and jump out and yell BOO! when they run by! Hee hee...that's when they scream their heads off and run the other way! Yes, I'm so very easily entertained!

Well I should close. I took a shower two hours ago, and still haven't blow-dried my hair...It's starting to do an 80's thing that noone really needs to see. Glory to God for hair gel and flat irons.

1 comment:

carla's gateway said...

Wish you could join us for a bowl of homemade potato soup! The flu is making itself an unwelcome guest around here, and keeping us all indoors or at least close to home! Don't worry about 80's hair, I think it will be in style again soon, and you'll just be a"head" of the game! ha ha ha! love you my busy girl