Thursday, June 12, 2008

Things I Never Thought I Would Write

It's been a good week...I just love summer. It's filled with swimming, sleeping a little later, and just a bit more relaxed than the school year. And of course, TeeBall (WILL IT EVER END??????!!!).

I have to update what the kids are doing these days. It's great. They are just growing so fast and i can't believe it sometimes when i notice that Mere's legs are getting SO long, or Cameron's baby face is beginning to slim. A few random signs that my children are growing:

1. Meredith can go get cups and water from the sink without me now. It involves scooting a chair over to the cabinet....but seriously, that is a true accomplishment!
2. Cameron is now capable of terrorizing Meredith on purpose. He thinks it is hilarious to grab her shirt and just pull so that she screams and runs away.
3. I was the last person out of bed this morning. What? Did I write that correctly?! Oh yes, Meredith got Cameron out of his crib, and they were playing in her room this morning when I came in. Oh don't worry, they were only there for about 5 minutes. She came in and asked me if she could go get him. (I guess she secretly likes him terrorizing her! ha!)
4. We went swimming today, and Meredith didn't have to have floaties or me beside her. She can swim so well now that she goes and does her own thing with her friends. Crazy. Seems like yesterday I was doing Mommy and Me classes at Tech with my other buddies when we were preggers w/ our 2nd kids!
5. Meredith has entered the "mommy" phase of her childhood. The other day, she picked out Cam's clothes and dressed him by herself! (Do you think that she could start doing that everyday?!)

yep, they are growing alright. I know....I know....I hear it all the time - "They grow up so fast! Enjoy this time, it passes too quickly!" Well, let's just say that I'm trying to heed the advice...thus reflecting tonight. Love to each of you - Kristi

3 comments:

Emileigh Latham said...

HOW CUTE!!!!!
Your children are so adorable.
They probably have grown up alot since the last time I saw them. Children are such wonderful people.

the lowe down... said...

thanks Em! You need to come over and hang w/ them! They are pretty fun kidlets! :)

Diana Latham said...

Kristi, I love your thoughts. You have such a great way of putting things. I love watching all those changes in them. So great watching them find themselves. I have to admit that I am soooo thankful that I had girls first...they are so nurturing. But, I have to admit that my first born son is very helpful...he loves to serve. It is not that Jonah is not helpful, he is just often on another planet. ;)
So great to see you guys at B&N the other day. You are always so lovely and gracious.