Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Santa Sez.....

So I talked to Santa yesterday. I know, I know, he's busy this time of year, but I told his secretary it was urgent, and he called back. The convo went something like this:

Me: Hey Santa listen, I kinda have a problem. I have no Christmas spirit this year. The tree is up, and the kids have forced me to put theirs up in their respective rooms, but as for the rest of the house, it just ain't gonna happen.
Santa: Ok. Go on.
(don't you just love that Santa? Such a listening ear...)
Me: So here's the deal. I'm a bit worried that you won't be making a stop at my house if I don't get all the other Christmas Crap put up in every corner of the house. And if you don't stop, I'm gonna have some serious explaining to do to my very precious children. So....
Santa: Hey Kristi, do you remember why we have Christmas?
Me: Yes. It really isn't about you at all. It's about Christ's birth.
Santa: Yes, dear child, you are right. And as long as you teach those kids about Him, I don't care if you decorate a single darn shelf, or put lights on the house, or anything else that makes it look like a "50% off sale at Hobby Lobby" Hurricane hit your house. Keep the Spirit of Him in Christmas, dear child. Those kids won't give a hoot about your house. They just want to feel the joy of the Celebration.
Me: Thanks Santa.
Santa: Oh, Kristi?
Me: Yes?
Santa: One more thing. Will you still leave me some Jesus' Birthday Cake? I love that you do it different...everyone else leaves me cookies. And I sure do love that cake you make.
Me: Really, Santa?! I never knew you liked it so much. Sure, I'll still leave you a piece of cake. Thanks again, Santa.
Santa: No prob, bob....I mean...HO HO HO! Merry Christmas!!!

It's about the SPIRIT of the season. Not the presents, the food, the clean perfect house that smells like cinnamon and pine and enough lights to make Clark Griswald jealous. It's about remembering a sweet new baby that came to save this world.
kris

2 comments:

carla's gateway said...

Do you know I love you??? thank you for yet another glimpse into the spectacularly special world of my Kristi girl... who speaks truth with such simple clarity!

Emileigh Latham said...

That was great!!! I love this post!!! You are so clever, Kristi!