Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Halloween 2008

I know, I know, I know.....it's been since Sept since I posted. This may sound weird, and if so, sorry - but the things in my head these days have been pretty deep...and I have attempted several times to write, but the words just don't seem to do justice to what is inside my heart and brain. There are two posts I wrote, but just couldn't post. I think sometimes the Lord uses my time to write as a time to teach me, and I just didn't feel released to post the things He was pressing on me. It was a time of learning to hear and heed, not write and read!
All that being said, I am here now, with Halloween pics to share. Here are a few of my babes from the Halloween season. Cameron was a skeleton one night, and a Red Raider the next night (yeah, we divided it up over two nights...long story). Meredith decided to be a monster this year. Our family rule is that we can't be anything scary...so after she told me she wanted to be a monster, I told her the rule. About 2 days later, she came to me requesting to be Sully - the monster from Monsters, Inc. She rationalized that he was a nice monster because he helped Boo get back to her house. How can you argue with that?! :)


As Memzie says, A little bit of 'Sas'!It really cracked me up when I was taking their pics...they both went straight for the tree in the front yard....its so funny to me how that's where they want to 'pose'. Oh well, I really don't care, as long as they'll sit still long enough to snap a pic! (and forgive us for the weeds in the flowerbeds...I would rather play with kids than pull weeds!)
Well, until next time....and if I don't post again until New Year's.....Merry Christmas! :) ha!
kris

2 comments:

Diana Latham said...

Love it!!! I totally understand about having things in your heart that words cannot express. Scott tells me sometimes that I really should blog something, but I can't get to the point of really getting it down in print. Wow!! But it does make me wonder what God has been showing you!!!
Of course, you know we think your kids are adorable...thanks for sharing the pics.

Emileigh Latham said...

You are so awesome!!! What great patience and wisdom, Kristi!!!