Thursday, July 31, 2008

San Antonio!!!!!!

Meredith took this pic of John and I...Our little budding photographer!


Well, I hadto post our most recent traveling experience......John had a conference to go to, so we loaded up and headed to the Riverwalk for a few days. It was hot there (you know that sticky-hotness that only San Antonio and Houston has!?), but we braved it....We took the kids to the Riverwalk for the first time (the pics are of us at Casa Rio on the RW, the BESTEST place to eat chips and salsa and Mexican food)!

Okay, I tell no lies. Cameron took this picture. Really. Meredith wanted a pic of the two of us. Cameron had just seen Mere take one of us (the one above), so he's giving me the 'uh-uh, mine' bit. (that's 2 year old code for "My turn.") So I let him 'take' the picture - he pushed the button while i held the camera.
And then, of course, I got to take his pic! He stood up in the chair the whole time we were there, eating his quesadilla. I think he just wanted to see the Riverwalk Boats go by. Really, big guy? Well, how about a ride in one of 'em?!

Here's Cameron and Daddy, on the boat on the riverwalk.
John, Cameron and Meredith

The next day we decided to go to San Marcos for some outlet mall shopping. I do believe I was much more excited about this than my better half. Something about acres and acres of bargains does not enthrall John the way it does me. But he pressed on, with a very good demeanor (as he always has) and even found a bargain or two himself. Attaboy, babe! (Maybe my shopping prowess is rubbing off on him. Or he decided he deserved a treat for hauling me and the two kidlets to Shopping-Mania. Whichever.) Anyways, I found some good bargains...pants at the Ralph Lauren outlet for John, and darling khakis at Gap for Mere. I even bought some lotion from the Bath and Body Works outlet - talk about a throwback....Flowering Herbs lotion. I remember when BBW opened (we were in early high school, i think)....that was THE scent to buy. Oh man I loved that stuff. So I bought a little. It takes me back. Yeah, I'm a dork. I do know that. But the funniest part of our day trip to San Marcos was that we let the kids get a toy from the toystore before we left. Meredith loves swimming, and picked out a snorkel and mask. check it out.....

Out of focus, but Mere with Daddy, checking out the new scuba gear!

Did I mention that we ate really, really well when we were there? I mean, we could not avoid partaking of the plethora of fabulous mexican food restaurants!! It really would be a loss to not give props to one more restaurant.....here's the link to The Alamo Cafe. Go there if you are ever within 100 miles of the place. Seriously good tortillas...

Well, I'm off to go workout . I have new tennis shoes that I should break in......and plenty of calories to burn off from the weekend! :)

1 comment:

Emileigh Latham said...

Your children are really good photographers!!!! Blossoming before your eyes, right?
Everybody looks really good and growing fast.