Monday, February 11, 2008

Hair....

First of all...I absolutely love the days when i have just washed my hair. Usually this occurs every other day. So say, Sunday, I wash my hair....and it looks great! Lots of body, no kinks or odd twists, everything in the right spot......good stuff. And it never fails...folks make comments....'oh your hair looks good today' or 'I love that haircut on you.' Things like that....and I think, yeah! The problem occcurs on Monday..........I call it...Second Day Hair. It's that day when you don't need to wash again (too much shampoo dries out your hair!)....but it's just not quite right. No matter how i poof and tease...spray or hair wax, it just won't do what it should!! I can straight iron, re-tease the top, even get the blow drier out and 'fluff'....nope. Still looks funky. Oh it drives me nuts. And I'll admit, I'm a wild woman at night. (no, not like that).......I toss and turn and mess the everlovin' fire outta my hair. I remember my Nana's hair....she had 'beauty shop' hair. She'd go to bed at night with beautiful hair, and it looked the exact same the next day. Amazing. How'd she do that?! Not me. It looks like rats have taken up residence in my hair overnight. Seriously.

Second Day Hair stinks. So....just know that if you see me, and you think, 'what went wrong with her hair today?!'...now you know . It's my Second Day Hair. I think I should invent hair products that are specifically for Second Day Hair. I think i'll call them Repoofers. Or Day2Fix. Maybe this one - 2DayHair - or Poof Fixer........or............Funky Fixer! Yeah, Funky Fixer.

3 comments:

carla's gateway said...

Bet you'd make Millions!!! I remember grandmother hair....ooooops, I am one! slept on one side sort of thing??? oh dear! at least it's not blue! love your words miss K! c

Anonymous said...

I thought your hair looked great on Monday ... or was that cause of the Margaritas?? SO glad you called!!!

I love you.
Mary Jane

the lowe down... said...

you are a mess MJ - and yep, it was Second Day Hair! It must have been the beverage.....

And Carla....I don't EVER see you with blue hair! EVER!!!!!!!