Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter Sunday 2008

I do believe that Easter morning is more wonderful than any other morning I wake up. On Christmas morning, I am gleeful for the 'santa' stuff as well as Christ's birth....on my birthday, I am good.........but on Easter morning, when I wake up, my heart is flooded with emotion. Every year. Gratitude. Humility. For multiple reasons. On Easter morning, I am filled anew with an inexpressible joy for what Christ did on the cross over 2000 years ago. It's like I wake up with the tears just holding back....and within me is a "bubbling up"....emotions that want to just bust forth and dance around like a crazy woman! And this Easter morning was no different. I sat through the Sunday School lesson and awed over how the message of Christ's Ressurection was the central part of our salvation in the early church. Amen to that! Emotions still bubbling....we sat down in the pews of our little church. But the emotions overflowed when the choir began to sing. When I heard the praises being sung of Christ rising from the dead, that sin has lost it's grip on me....or when I think about what Christ endured so I could live - me, SINFUL, dirty, wretched.........There is emotion, vulnerability within me that I can't keep from bubbling over. The Spirit within me readily agrees! And I cannot keep contained the gratitude and joy I feel on Easter Sunday morning! Who cares that I cry during the worship songs!? I know, I know, I smear that mascara all over the place! But it is ALL in praise to our Father for the perfect gift of salvation through Jesus Christ!

On a bit of a different note....I have decided that there are numerous reasons I am (more) mushy on Easter. First b/c of Christ's death and ressurection. Second because my dearest friend Emily told me she was pregnant on Easter Sunday 2000 (I think that there's something really cool about finding out about a new life on the day the Lord gave all of us New Life!). And finally, and most wonderfully - I am reminded each year that on the evening of that same Easter Sunday 2000, my darling husband proposed to me. Just he and I in Buffalo Gap, TX, outside Nancy and Gene Henderson's barn. Well....8 years later, here we are....blessed in so many ways - the two greatest ones we hold so tenderly in our arms! Easter Sunday, 2008

Blessings to each of you this Easter Sunday!

2 comments:

carla's gateway said...

oh you make me "mushy" too. Did Em really tell you about KG on Easter? That is too cool to me! And the proposal??? well, I just love your connections around here!

carla's gateway said...

JUST "TAGGED" you.... 7 random things... Diana tagged me and finally I got 'round to doing it... so I get to tag 5 others... 'tag, you're it!" love you,